Don't be a target for thieves
|The Better Business
Checklist for Online Shopping
|To help you shop safely online, the B.B.B. recommends you take
the following common sense steps:
• Don't rely on a professional looking website as proof of a
Company's quality or good reputation.
• Investigate a company or seller before you buy.
• Find out where a company is physically located to help avoid
overseas or offshore scams.
• Never give out your bank account number, credit card number, or
personal information unless you're certain a company is legitimate.
• Pay for your purchases by credit or charge card which can be
protected under the relevant Fair Billing Credit Act.
• Find out about a company's return or refund policies before you
• Always use a secure Internet browser that "encrypts" or
scrambles your personal information.